Google
 

A Good Start in Affiliate Marketing

By Kevin Mulcahy

After being burned a few times with work from home programs, I finally made it down the end of the yellow brick road to affiliate marketing. Before I found affiliate marketing, I had tried doing surveys but never made a penny. Even worse, I paid a whopping $197 for a rebate processing program that failed to deliver on its promise of showing me how to make money online doing rebate processing. I tried several other programs that turned out to be misleading and/or downright scams. I was upset that I was throwing my money away, but even more upset that I had not found a good honest program that would show me how to make money online.

Then I decided to buy a program based off of the element of affiliate marketing. In affiliate marketing, if you are not familiar with it, you make money from commissions you earn promoting products or services. You don't need any special computer or marketing skills, but you do need a good work ethic. With the program I bought, there is an easy to follow action plan and I am already earning commissions just after my first month of using the program. The methods in the program are easy to use and I am learning a lot about the ins and outs of affiliate marketing from the wealth of information in the program, and I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

Affiliate marketing is a challenge though. The more work you put into it, the greater success you will have. There is competition of course. When you're promoting a product you are not alone. There are plenty of affiliate marketers promoting that same product. And if it's a popular product, there are even more marketers promoting it. You have to distinguish yourself from the other affiliates. If you don't, the chances of someone buying from you is a crap shoot.

What I am learning is that you need to have an edge over your competitors. You can't just do what everybody else is doing. You can't just pick a product you like and promote it. Essentially, that is what everybody else is doing. The products I have made money on are the ones that few others are promoting. If you can find a product that you think few others are promoting but is still in high demand from consumers, you have given yourself an edge over other affiliate marketers. I still have a long way to go, but I think this early success I have had is a sign of good things to come.

Here are some tips if you are just starting out in affiliate marketing:

1) Research-The proper research can tell you who your target market is, who your perfect customer is, what products they want, how to promote these products the right way, what keywords to use, and if it will be profitable.

2)Relevancy-Relevancy is very important and should be focused on more than anything else. Relevancy will help you match your perfect customer with the perfect keywords, landing pages, and ultimately the perfect profit.

3)Give your perfect customer the perfect product or service. Think about it, if I was searching for model airplanes and you tried to sell me model cars, any sales you make would be purely dumb luck.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

eXTReMe Tracker